If you haven’t already created an account for this website you can do so here. If you already have an account for this website, please login here.
Aerial Work Platform (AWP) - 5 Hour VR Certification for Scissor and Boom Lift *PILOT - Read Description*Local 230, 993, 1003
Thu Apr 6, 2023
Signup Deadline: Wed Apr 5, 2023 7:00 pm
Class Size – Min: , Max: 20
ONLINE - Course Access Link will be emailed a few days before
This certification (pilot) course offering includes a four-hour classroom theory component, exam and a Virtual Reality Scissor and Boom Lift Simulator Practical.
Practical exams on the simulator will be booked, by 45 minute appointments at a later date (Kamloops: late April TBC, Victoria: Contact instructor to schedule according to mutual convenience, Other Areas: Please contact instructor [email protected])
WJETS’ Aerial/Mobile Elevated Work Platform Course is now offered with a Virtual Reality AWP Simulator practical certification. Following a four-hour theory course in the classroom setting, participants are able to achieve certification in a Virtual Reality environment by demonstrating their knowledge and ability to operate a Scissor and/or Boom Lift safely. (Experienced operators with proof of previous certification may be permitted to opt out of VR practical)
This course certifies operators of AWPs (Scissor and Boom Lifts) to understand:
• The regulations and standards applicable to this type of machinery;
• Technical theory: identification and function of the main parts, leverage capacity and stability;
• A review of fall protection requirements as it pertains to aerial lifts;
• Operational theory including: inspections, travel and setup, safe operation, parking and shutdown, fueling and charging.
Successful completion of both a written theory test (to evaluate operators’ understanding of the information reviewed), and a practical skills test is required for certification.
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a wallet-size certification card valid for 3 years from the date of training. Please check spelling and capitalization – register using the name to appear on the certificate.
- Pen and Paper
- Computer and Internet Connection - Course Access information will be emailed by EOD the Tuesday before the course start.