If you haven’t already created an account for this website you can do so here. If you already have an account for this website, please login here.
Rough Terrain Forklift Training (Telehandler) (Kamloops)Local 993
Sun Aug 16, 2020
Minimum 5 Members
Maximum 6 Members
IBEW Local 993 Hall (Kamloops)
Rough Terrain Forklift Training (Telehandler)
Regardless of your previous experience, this program is applicable to all rough terrain forklift operators. Beginners will discover a wealth of information and experienced operators will potentially bridge the gaps in their knowledge of safe operating procedures. You can then put your new knowledge and your current experience together to become an even better operator. The ultimate objective is to make you a safer operator and reduce the risk of injury by providing you with the necessary knowledge and skills as required by the regulations.
By participating fully in this program, you will:
- Gain an understanding of current regulations that govern forklift operation.
- Study the most common types of rough terrain forklifts and their components.
- Understand why you should conduct a pre-use inspection, what to look for and how to complete a pre-use inspection form.
- Learn techniques and strategies for safely operating a rough terrain forklift.
- Have the opportunity to practice driving and maneuvering a forklift to enable you to meet a basic measurable level of skill.
- Acquire additional information on different fuel types and how to handle them safely
- Safety Boots
- Safety (HiViz) Vest
- Pen and Paper
- Member must adhere to social distancing and other Safety Protocols as provided Local 993, WCB and instructor.
Location: IBEW Local 993 Hall
The IBEW Local 993 Hall has a large fenced yard around the back of the building. Parking is in front and beside the building