If you haven’t already created an account for this website you can do so here. If you already have an account for this website, please login here.
Blueprint (Kamloops)Local 993
Fri Jun 18, 2021
Minimum 5 Members
Maximum 7 Members
IBEW Local 993 Hall (Kamloops)
- Blue print reading basics, understanding the symbols, notations, abbreviations and schedules, understanding the order of hierarchy when looking at multiple documents.
- Finding information using blueprints.
- Finding information using specifications.
- Simplifying certain aspects of a blueprint that focuses on specific tasks.
- Creating material take offs, based off of the blueprints and specifications.
- Creating a plan around a certain task based off of the information provided on the blueprints.
- Understanding the layout, including how Architectural, civil, electrical and mechanical drawings are mutually referenced
- Using scales properly.
The morning session of the course will take the participants through the stages of blue print reading including understanding symbols, dimensions, elevations, reviewing information given on different drawings, understanding job specifications as well as interpreting information of different schedules that are included in a print package.
The afternoon part of the course will involve the participants interpreting a set of commercial blue prints for a mid-size job. There will be focus on various group work exercises and case studies that are designed to engage student in discussion with respect to certain aspects of a task, this will assist the learner in breaking down the information presented on a print, for ease of understanding.
- Tape Measure
- Pen and Paper
- Member must adhere to social distancing and other Safety Protocols as provided Local 993, WCB and instructor.
Location: IBEW Local 993 Hall
The IBEW Local 993 Hall has a large fenced yard around the back of the building.