If you haven’t already created an account for this website you can do so here. If you already have an account for this website, please login here.
Fiber Optic (Prince George)Local 993
Fri May 17, 2019 to Sun May 19, 2019
Minimum 10 Members
Maximum 15 Members
Prince George Center Of Excellence (Prince George)
Certified Fiber Optic Technician – is the FOA certification for general fiber optics applications. CFOTs have appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities in fiber optics that can be applied to almost any job – design, installation, operation – for almost any application – outside plant, premises, manufacturing, etc.
To explain and/or demonstrate the following:
- Types of Fiber and Cables
- Fiber and Cable construction best practices
- Information Transmission
- Light Propagation through Fiber
- Singlemode and multimode applications
- Types of patch cords and connectors
- Numerical Aperture
- Joining Fibers with Connectors & Splices
- Cleaving and proper fiber handling and preparation
- Fiber Microscopic Inspection
- Types of Connectors and Splices
- Fiber Optic Test Equipment
- Types of applications for fiber optics
- Pen and Paper
- Members who take course will be sent course materials and tests to complete prior to taking course.