If you haven’t already created an account for this website you can do so here. If you already have an account for this website, please login here.
HV Splicing (Kamloops)Local 993
Sun Jan 24, 2021
Minimum 5 Members
Maximum 7 Members
IBEW Local 993 Hall (Kamloops)
Cable Splicing and Termination
- Types of cable
- Shrink Technologies. Heat Shrink versus Cold Shrink
- Material Technology
- Human Factors in Splicing
- Lab preparing and splicing cable
- Lab preparing and terminating cable
Participants will perform two cable preparations each; one using no special tools, the other using Speed Systems Cable tools.
Tools required for course: Pen, good needle nose pliers, sharp razor knife, measuring tape, side cutters, felt pen or paint marker, thin gloves.
- Safety Boots
- Long Sleeve Shirt
- Tape Measure
- Pen and Paper
- Review in advance the Policies, Procedures and COVID Waiver prior to in class training. Forms will be presented at the hall and must be signed by all members before training takes place. Member must adhere to social distancing and other Safety Protocols as provided per Local 993, WCB and instructor.
Location: IBEW Local 993 Hall
The IBEW Local 993 Hall has a large fenced yard around the back of the building.
Course File Downloads
|WJETS Pandemic Policy and ProceduresDownload|