If you haven’t already created an account for this website you can do so here. If you already have an account for this website, please login here.
HV Splicing (Kamloops)Local 993
Fri Jul 8, 2022
Signup Deadline: Tue Jul 5, 2022 8:00 am
Class Size – Min: 5, Max: 10
IBEW Local 993 Hall (Kamloops)
Cable Splicing and Termination
- Types of cable
- Shrink Technologies. Heat Shrink versus Cold Shrink
- Material Technology
- Human Factors in Splicing
- Lab preparing and splicing cable
- Lab preparing and terminating cable
Participants will perform two cable preparations each; one using no special tools, the other using Speed Systems Cable tools.
Tools required for course: Pen, good needle nose pliers, sharp razor knife, measuring tape, side cutters, felt pen or paint marker, thin gloves.
- Safety Boots
- Long Sleeve Shirt
- Pen and Paper
- Member must adhere to Covid Protocols as prescribed by IBEW 993, WCB and the Instructor.
Location: IBEW Local 993 Hall
The IBEW Local 993 Hall has a large fenced yard around the back of the building.