If you haven’t already created an account for this website you can do so here. If you already have an account for this website, please login here.
Residential Wiring (Prince George)Local 993
Fri Aug 13, 2021 to Sat Aug 14, 2021
Minimum 5 Members
Maximum 7 Members
Prince George Center Of Excellence (Prince George)
The residential wiring seminar is three days long. Topics will include common residential wiring techniques, proper material for wood frame constructions, as well non-combustible construction (steel stud). The course will showcase different scenarios specific to some of the more complex wiring areas within the house. We will also reference the applicable code rules, and simplify and illustrate the meaning of their application.
The First day is computer based, it will be zoom live lesson that is going to navigate the common trade practices applicable to installing residential wiring.
The second and third day will be Practical based, consisting of NMD90 cable based residential projects, and AC90 based residential wiring projects
The target audience for this 3 day session is any apprentices and red seal electricians with little to none residential experience, or anyone who would like to practice skill sets relating to residential wiring.
Topic list includes
- Common residential material
- CEC box fill calculations based on real residential scenarios
- CEC Section 12 residential wiring regulations
- Arc fault breakers, and the residential regulations
- Section 26 residential house device and branch circuit design
- Switching of lights (all methods Old and new)
- General residential “must knows”
- Overview of Grounding and services of a residential house CEC & Hydro perspective.
- The Practical 2 day lab component.
Participant Material List
- Proper work attire (Hard toe boots, work cloths, safety glasses, gloves)
- Basic Hand tools (tape measure, hammer, Linesmen, side cutters, wire strippers, Screwdrivers, etc…)
- Notebook and pen
- Safety Boots
- Safety Glasses
- Long Sleeve Shirt
- Tape Measure
- Hack Saw
- Pen and Paper
- Member must adhere to social distancing and other Safety Protocols as provided Local 993, WCB and instructor.